How to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease
In public places in society there are many areas that many people touch. These are for exemple door handles, shopping carts, card terminals and coffee machines. According to Kronoberg Region, washing hands with soap and water is the most effective method to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
– The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. An important factor is to consider is that the virus can live for several days on surfaces and items, under particular conditions. On for exemple door and cupboard handles, coffee pots and other surfaces in common areas that many occupy, says Region Kronoberg's infection prevention physician Christian Blomkvist.
The Kronoberg region's hygiene department has made a number of recommendations on how to minimize the risk of spreading coronaviruses between employees, but which can also be applied in other public environments.
Important measures and tips for reducing the spread of infection - both in workplaces and other public spaces:
- Most importantly: stay home Stay at when you are sick to avoid infecting other people.
- Avoid touching the face with your hands.
- Wash / disinfect hands before entering staff rooms or other common / public areas.
- Wash / disinfect your hands when you come home from work, business, restaurant, library and other public environments.
- Wash / disinfect your hands before eating.
- Minimize all time when you sit in a group at a workplace: divide coffee and lunch breaks so that not many people eat together at the same time.
- In staff rooms and meeting rooms: spread out, a benchmark is an arm's length distance between each other. Feel free to change the furniture so you do not have to sit tight!
- Minimize meetings - choose digital meetings whenever possible.
- Avoid common food, common candy and snack bowls.
Source: Kronoberg Region