Strike is announced in Växjö
On November 29, FridaysForFuture announced a global strike for the climate. Once again, there will be over a thousand strikes and manifestations all over the world for a fair transition in line with the Paris Agreement's 1.5-degree target. The global climate strike is being conducted on Friday before the UN Climate Summit COP 25 begins and will be a reminder to world leaders not to disappoint the younger generations.
– Everyone is welcome, everyone is needed, says Greta Thunberg, initiator of FridaysForFuture.
Växjö is one of the places where the school strike will be arranged.
– It is sad that we have to sacrifice our education to ensure that financial interests are still prioritized over our future, says Alde Fermskog, organizer at FridaysForFuture Växjö.
The global climate strike on November 29 will be the fifth in the order and is made with the requirement that elected people hold power to act to:
1. Keep the global temperature rise below 1.5 degrees Celsius compared to preindustrial levels.
2. Follow the Paris Agreement and ensure climate justice.
3. Listen to the best unified science currently available.