Växjö DFF star set to play in the world cup
The world cup will be played this summer in France. Included in the squad is Växjö Dff’s Anna Anvegård.
– Of course, it was a great feeling to get selected. Beforehand I was nervous whereas now I’m relived and happy, she says.
The forward’s name has always been amongst the talk. However, following a spring where things haven’t clicked for Anvegård and her team it wasn’t a sure thing that she’d get selected.
– You’re hoping all along. You’re hoping you’ll get selected but it’s not certain how much they’ll go on the recent games. You’re just not certain.
Within Sweden’s group we find one of the titans of women’s football, the USA. The ladies will begin the tournament by facing Chile on the 11th of June. Rounding out the group is Thailand.
– The US stand out as on of the best teams in the world, it’s going to be a tough matchup. The other games will be hard as well. Especially the first, there are always some extra nerves associated with an opening game. I like our chances in all three games.
Personally, what are you hoping for when traveling with the national team?
– I mean you’re going with the hope of playing as much as possible meanwhile you want what’s best for the team.
The world cup has garnered a lot more attention lately than years passed. Something that was brought up by Kosovare Asllani with TV4 recently, Anna Anvegård agrees.
– You read a lot about it and it was brought up on the last camp the increase in attention from media around us. It feels great, finally the national team gets the attention it deserves.
Featured in the world cup is another player from Växjö DFF. The fullback Osinachi Ohale will represent Nigeria.